8.22.2011

Pi's new milestones

So I PROMISE a Michigan post (actually, two) will be up soon but first, hi, I'm back in Beantown, and second, PIUS ROLLED OVER!

He's not quite 4.5 months old now, and he's been THISCLOSE for several weeks. So on Friday when I was at his house, I was on the floor with him and trying to get him to roll over and HE DID! HE ROLLED! Back to front, rolling to the left, nanny's little genius boy! He rolled over FIVE TIMES after that. I'm calling Harvard -- this kid needs to apply STAT.

(He also figured out how to start sucking his thumb on Friday, which is entirely the most adorable thing EVER.)

These kind of nanny moments are bittersweet for me. I'm thrilled beyond thrilled that Pi rolled over (except oh shit, now he's mobile, HALP). But I'm also really sad for his mom and dad, who were both working when it happened and didn't get to see.

Likewise, when my nanny girls A. and E. took their first steps, I was there. I've witnessed new words, new milestones, lost teeth...so many things. And I'm so happy to be there for those experiences, but also sad knowing that if I was the mama or the daddy I'd be devastated I wasn't there.

I have no clue if this makes sense at all, cause it's 7:46 a.m. and I'm procrastinating getting ready for work and (HORROR OF HORRORS) there is no coffee in the apartment (I KNOW) but I did want to brag on my little Pi-boy for a bit. He makes me smile every day, and I just. love. him. SO. MUCH.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

My sister in law looked after my daughter when I went back to work. I told her that if Munchie took her first steps when we weren't there, I didn't want to hear about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your posts - always. I know that it is a common practice in daycares that if an infant does a first anything, the teachers don't tell the parents. They keep it to themselves, let the parents see it happen at home, and let the parents think that THEY got to see it first. Sneaky, huh?

Ashley

Anonymous said...

I like your humor! I am also a nanny and get to see first, but I dont say anything and wait for the parents to see it and think its the first time.