4.17.2011

Student --> nanny

So.

Guess who was offered a nanny job?

This girl.

Guess who was offered a nanny job for a 10-DAY-OLD baby boy?

THIS GIRL.

Guess whose ovaries are glowing with OMG BABY CUTENESS?

THIS.

GIRL.

First of all, can we just fist bump and blow it up, y'all? Cause RAWK. They're paying me *amazingly* (oh heyyy, going nanny rate in New England!), they're about 25 minutes from my apartment, and the parents are so sweet. (The dad works for NPR. I'm in love.)

The one not-so-great bit: they want me long-term. Which is awesome, and I'm thrilled to do it...but this means I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about my job in Admission. Which seriously makes me want to cry. I don't want to leave my job in Admission BUT I really don't know how I can make nanny job + full-time student + supervisor in the office work. OOF.

But! Focusing on the good things! Like snuggly 10-day-old babies who make little baby grunting noises when you hold them! (Though lord help me, I rely on nannying as my best form of birth control. This baby better be a hellion or else my mom and dad are going to be grandparents wayyyy sooner than expected. JUST KIDDING, MOM AND DAD!)

Also good thing — another amazing weekend with the incredible Cait. Seriously, this girl just gets me. And she's a nanny. I'm pretty sure we're twins. AND she has an awesome fiancee, and an adorable cat, and an adorable dog, and can I just have her life, please? Kthx.

Okay. I've procrastinated writing my paper long enough. I have to get to that. But! I HAVE A JOB!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos, Kiddo!

pops

nodnarB! said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats girlie! I am so excited for you. :)

Debbie said...

Okay that was really me, not B! Congrats from both of us. Love and miss you!

niobe said...

Yay! What great news!

Erin said...

OMG. I look for babies to snuggle on a daily basis and you get to do it all the time!

Congrats on the job and staying in the big city for the summer!!!