3.27.2011

Fingers (and all other appendages) crossed

So I wasn't sure if I was going to blog about this or not, because I don't want to jinx it, buuuuut I need you guys's good mojo vibes.

Here's the deal.

This summer, I'm staying up in the northeast, and I'm trying to find a summer job. [SIDE NOTE: I was talking to my roommates about how I was so excited to have a "nice, cool" summer outside of Texas, because I figured it'd be like 70 degrees and gorgeous all summer long, cause hello, it's almost April and 20-something degrees outside now, but then my roommates all looked at each other and started laughing and wouldn't stop. So then I was like "WHAT?!" and they were like "You realize it's 180% humidity EVERY. DAY. HERE., right? You will essentially be a sopping wet puddle of goo." And then I cried and debated moving to Canada because sometimes I think that Canada will solve all my life problems.]

[That was a rather large, caffeine-fueled digression. Pardon me.]

ANYWAY.

I'm looking around for nanny jobs, and I had an interview for one today, and oh, you guys, it is PERFECT for me. Seriously. This job was handpicked for me by the nanny jobs.

The good:
* 3-week-old baby girl (CANNOT. HANDLE. THE BABY CUTENESS.)
* 10-minute walk from my apartment
* Great pay
* Really sweet, hands-on parents

The bad:
* The whole "3-week-old baby girl" bit. Because you guys. I've relied on nannying for the past several years as the best form of birth control ever. But I'm not even kidding. They put that baby in my arms today and my ovaries about started glowing. This could be a problem. iwantababy.

They're interviewing several other candidates, but they said I'd hear by the end of the week. Please send all good vibes and extra condoms (KIDDING, MOM AND DAD!) my way!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL Love this post...and hoping you get this job!

Enjoy your humidity filled summer, but really, the baby makes it worth it!

vegasgrrl24 said...

I just thought I'd say hi. I'm a Nanny in RI and I'm queer. I'm now following your blog. Good Luck w/ the job.

vegasgrrl24 said...

oh also, yesterday I started considering postnatal doula training. :o)

Monica H said...

I hope you get it!

And that you don't turn into a puddle of wet goo this summer :-)

Angie said...

Crossing my fingers and toes for you!! :)

jen said...

Still waiting to hear from them :\

Of course, the minute they DO call it's going to be so obnoxious with all the "ZOMG HIRE HER WE LOVE HER AND MISS HER AND MY KIDS SKYPE WITH HER", and stuff. ;)

Finger crossed for you!