2.13.2011

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

You guys.

Today something awful happened.

It was scary and stressful like nothing I've ever experienced before.

I don't even know how to talk about it. But I'm going to try.

*deep breath*

This morning, my alarm went off bright and early (erm, 10 o'clock). I cursed the world, groped around for my contacts, and staggered into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.

But then...this happened:


No coffee.

I started shaking. I freaked out. I looked all through our cabinets, all through the fridge, all through the shelves, and NOTHING. Then I got angry. WHO COULD HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN WHAT WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!

I *may* have overreacted a tad.



But you guys. It's coffee. COFFEE. MY LIFEBLOOD. I NEED IT.

All I could do was to try to find the most highly caffeinated substitute in our apartment — green tea. Which I made, and drank, but oh, you guys...it was not even close to the same.

So now I'm sitting here, partially in shock, partially asleep. No coffee in the apartment. No coffee in the apartment.

I cannot even articulate the horrors.

3 comments:

Erin O. said...

Well, don't visit me-I don't even own a coffee maker!

On the other hand, I do have a large gift card to starbucks.

Kirsten said...

You can come visit me any time. I will never run out of coffee. My two mandatory staples in excess in my house are coffee and toilet paper.

Charlotta said...

I feel for you. I can't begin my day without a steaming cup of coffee!