2.11.2011

An open letter

...to the people on the floor directly above me:

Hi! I'm your downstairs neighbor. It's nice to meet you.

Now, I know it's a Friday night and all, and I've had my fair share of nights spent drunkenly singing Michelle Branch with my roommates, but...

...you have been singing this song, on repeat, for the PAST. FOUR. HOURS. I am SO NOT EVEN KIDDING.

Don't get me wrong, I like that song. Or at least I liked it the first 3,420 times I heard it. But if I have to hear how you're falling to pieeeeeceeesssss one more time, I won't be happy, and I will show up on your doorstep and give you this look:


That's right, you'll get the one eyebrow-raised Nanny Glare. And I'm not afraid to use it.

Cordially,
Nans

Edited to add: After I posted this, things got quiet upstairs. I can only assume my upstairs neighbors somehow saw my picture of The Nanny Glare. Which: RAWK. I've still got it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

: ) : ) : ) Thanks for the early morning laugh! I can only aspire to never do anything to incur the in-person Nanny Glare (again).

Anonymous said...

i feel like i've gotten that glare way too many times when i've tried to cross the street without looking both ways and you've flung your arm across my chest painfully

....

love,
your sister

Melisa said...

LOVE MICHELLE BRANCH!!!! :) Sing on, sing on!!!

llq said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses. christian louboutin fur boots. Accessories