1.16.2011

Second semester: ready. set. GO.

So tonight is my last night down here in good ol' Teyhas. I leave tomorrow morning for DreamSchool, and while I'm so happy to be going back to my friends, having to go to class and work is going to seeeriously put a cramp in my winter break style. Because y'all. It has been a BREAK.

I came home from the insanity of last semester and I honestly think I slept for a solid week. I'm so not even kidding. I'd stagger from my bed to the coffee pot to the big chair in the living room and back to the coffee pot and then to bed and rinse, repeat. For a week.

Then I began my manic book-reading cycle. I think I've read 8 or 10 books this break? And I'm discovering I'm in l-o-v-e LOVE with Kaye Gibbons. Have you read her stuff? If you haven't, do so. Now, please. Then we can discuss. Zomgsies BOOK CLUB!

Then I began my traveling cycle...aka, I went to Austin and back twice. Which makes for approximately 14 hours of me alone in my car listening to repeats of "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" and "Car Talk" via my NPR app on Sasha the iPhone.

(Which, in case you couldn't tell, makes me a happy little journalism dork.)

And now? Now, it's time to head back. I land late tomorrow evening, and I'll have to trudge back to my apartment in the foot-and-a-half-or-so of snow that blanketed the northeast since I was last there, and then I'll collapse, and then I have work at 9 a.m. the next day! Woot.

Do you ever start talking and then you talk forever and then you realize what you were saying had absolutely no point whatsoever? ...yeah, cause that's about where I am for this post. But I wanted to check in, and say how deliciously lazy my break was.

And also...Dear College Gods: Please make this semester a bit less crazy than last semester. I can't afford Botox and these stress wrinkles are REALLY getting out of control. Hugs! Nanny.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Soooo glad you got to catch up on sleep. And I soooo hope that the College Gods grant your request.

Erin O. said...

Good luck!!!

Stephanie said...

Good luck with the next semester Nans! :)