1.07.2011

Psyched

So I was in Austin, TX a few days ago visiting some awesome people. And while I was there, some of us decided (on the spur of the moment) to go see a psychic!

(More like, it had been raining ALL FREAKING DAY and we didn't have anything else to do so we were like OH WHY NOT.)

So we pulled into this little tiny parking lot in front of the psychic's and swam inside. When we opened the door, it was kinda dark inside, and I was like "ooooh, spooky," and also "should I run while I'm still alive?" but then a woman came over and flipped on the light and BOOM, we were standing inside a living room.

Like, seriously. It was a legitimate living room. On the right side, where we walked in, there was a big black leather couch and a glass table with a credit card machine. And on the left side, there were even more leather couches. And four women just chillaxing with two toddlers and a baby.

And we were like "...huh."

The woman who had turned on the light rattled off a list of services and their prices (palms read, tarot cards done, full psychic reading, etc.), and then asked us what we wanted, and I was like "Uh, the cheapest one," cause y'all, I'm a broke college student.

It turned out that the cheapest option was having one palm read for $10. Okay, sold. I've always wanted to have my palm read anyway!

I went last, and while the other two girls had their palms read, I sat over by the four women and the toddlers and the baby and contemplated kidnapping the baby because OMG TINY AND CUTE AND SQUISHY. But I refrained. Self-control, I HAZ IT.

At last it was my turn, and I went over and sat with the psychic woman. She took my palm in her hand, asked me to clear my mind, and then was quiet.

For, like, two whole minutes.

I kept opening my eyes to peak at her and she just sat there, head bowed, with my hand in her hand. I guess she was trying to feel my vibes? I was also worried she had fallen asleep. But just as I was about to say something, she started talking:

"You've been going through some struggles right now. [pause] Things have been difficult for you. [pause] But you'll be encountering new people and places within the next six months. [pause] It'll be a new environment for you. [pause] Money is not an issue for you and never really will be. [pause] I see marriage in your future, and soon. [pause] I see a lot of happiness and love. [pause] You will have 2-3 children."

and fin.

She opened her eyes, looked up at me, and asked if I had any questions. I was TOTALLY caught on her last two predictions, and I was all happy and breathless and "Really? Marriage soon? I will have babies???" and she was like "YES" and I was like "YES!!!" and she was like "Are you happy with your reading?" and I was like "YES OH YES!" and she was like "That'll be $10" and I was like "....ohright. This thing cost money."

(On a side note — are you supposed to tip your psychic? Because I didn't...)

So let's review.

-struggles at present, check.
-new people/places within 6 months? hm. not to my knowledge?
-money is not an issue? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OH man, I just about peed my pants.
-marriage soonish and babies? YES PLEASE!

Okay, psychic. I'll give you an A for effort. And if all your predictions come true? I'll come find you and give you a tip.