1.01.2011

My yearly wrap-up

Fourth time's the charm! Let's hope I have something interesting to say...

2010
2009
2008

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Moved into my very first apartment!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

This is the same answer every year — I don't do new year's resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Oh wow, this is a whole other blog post. Which I will write. Some day. I promise. (AKA the answer is YES and holy moly, there is a story there.)

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I don't think so. Thank you, universe.

5. What countries did you visit?

None!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

This is also the same answer I give every year — more time to read. Though in the 2 weeks I've been home for Christmas, I've read 5 books!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

-Celebrating my 21st birthday in New York City in March was awesome :)
-This whole semester will be pretty hard to forget. But I survived it.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Seriously, it was making it out of this semester still in school. I can't tell you how close I was to taking a leave of absence. My eating disorder therapists all pushed me to do it, and one pushed me to go inpatient. I stubbornly stayed, though I'm not sure at what cost. I'm still really struggling.

9. What was your biggest failure?

One thing that eating disorder therapy has taught me is not to think in black and whites — AKA, nothing is a true failure. (I hope my therapist will read this. She'll be SO PROUD.) So...while I've done things I regret this year, I'm not going to say I failed at anything. Except for that one quiz that one time. Oopsies!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I'm certainly not as healthy as I'd like to be. But I'm working on that! See, people, just call me Pollyanna on Prozac.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My baby.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Yours did. Let's party!!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I think everybody's been on pretty good behavior this year. No coal in any stockings on my end, at least!

14. Where did most of your money go?

1) rent in New England (OOF)
2) DreamSchool!
3) laundry (DOUBLE OOF)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

See #3! Also, see future blog post that I promise I will get to!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Florence + The Machine's Dog Days Are Over. Cause y'all, I SURVIVED.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?

Perhaps a bit sadder. But working to get happier. (See? Pollyanna on Prozac. I am unstoppable.)

b) thinner or fatter?

Let's not talk about this, okay?

c) richer or poorer?

Let's not talk about this either, okay? Oh wait, what's this? My monthly tuition payment is due? *whimper*

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More reading!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Wasted time doing nothing on the computer.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At my parents' house with them & my little sis.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Yes. With a beautiful, amazing group of girls in my eating disorder therapy group. I am astounded by their strength even when they're at their weakest. (Holy their/they're/their, batman!)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Okay, this is going to sound completely lame, but I've been obsessed with That '70s Show lately.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't think so.

24. What was the best book you read?

Oh, my god, I couldn't even pick. Seriously. It would be painful for me to even try.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

They're not new, but I've been loving Bon Iver lately. Though my roommates and I always argue whether it's Bon EYEver or Bon eeVEHR.

26. What did you want and get?

Lots of laughter.

27. What did you want and not get?

Man, the College Tuition Fairy didn't show up to stuff thousands of dollars beneath my pillow. Sigh.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Uh. Harry Potter 7.1. Did you even have to ask.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 21! And I spent it with my friend Kelly in New York City. We stayed at a hostel and drank wine and I was sad because I wasn't carded AT ALL on the entire trip. Oh, and I drunkenly paid the pizza delivery guy $11 in change. I still feel badly about that.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Hmmm. Can we find a cure for eating disorders?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

See, here's the thing. I used to be a card-carrying member of the Leggings Are Not Pants Club *until* I bought leggings. And since then they are all I wear. With tunics, dresses, long sweaters, EVERYTHING.

32. What kept you sane?

My crazy pills! They don't call me Pollyanna on Prozac for nothin'.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Uh. You. Obvs.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Here's my biggest wish for 2011: making gay marriage legal EVERYWHERE. Can you say rainbow parties everyone?!?!

35. Who did you miss?

Her, them, her, and always her.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I don't think I really met anyone new this year who changed my life completely? But I became closer with people, which is awesome.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

How to rewear the same shirt 47 times before washing it so you don't have to spend so much on laundry.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

The dog days are over!

THE END. Oof. Every year I forget how long this darn thing is. If you made it all the way through, allow me to give you a big kiss. Except not my parents. Because, uh, ew.

Here's to a happy, healthy 2011 for us all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, ew? FINE.

Question about #29 (see #14, also). Did you tip him in your LAUNDRY $$????? And is this why Santa had to stop by the bank on the way to our house in order to bring you 4 rolls of quarters?

I love having you home, even though you are spending all of your time reading, rarely want to play games, and now hate movies.

But, no matter. I love you however.

"Good girl, nanny!" : ) : ) : )

marmsie

Erin O. said...

What a great year in review! I wonder what this year will bring??

Anonymous said...

Willkommen im Sextalk.



Der Sextalk gibt ihnen die Möglichkeit geile omas ficken und jedemenge andere Sachen,unter anderem Flirt und Sextalk
Hier im Sextalk erwarten dich geile omas ficken sexuellen Vorlieben
Du suchst Flirt und Sextalk , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,worauf wartest du?
Sexgeschichten web sexy sex free ,anmelden .
Suchst du jemand von Salzburg, vieleicht aus Deutschland, oder von Essen , oder von Rüti, oder aus Völkermarkt? Mit Sicherheit kein Problem.!