12.17.2010

An Adventure For Sev

First of all, I AM DONE WITH FINALS OH THANK YOU JEEBUS I SURVIVED.

Second of all, [COLLAPSE].

Anyway.

So back in September I bought a fish named Severus. And oh y'all. Sev? Is one hell of a diva fish.

He demands to be cleaned EVERY WEEK EXACTLY, or he pouts. And if I don't pay enough attention to him, he sulks. And if I don't let him eat all my ice cream, he refuses to clean his castle. Someone's got a 'tude problem, ladies and gentlemen. But I put up with him because I'm a ridiculously nice person.

Anyway.

When I went home for Thanksgiving break, I put a 7-day fish feeder thingy in his bowl and left him in my apartment. But now I'm going home for Christmas, and they don't make 31-day fish feeder thingies, so I knew I needed to find other arrangements for Sev.

None of my roommates live close enough to take him home, and I didn't think Sev would really like the airplane ride home to Texas, so I set around begging all of my friends and coworkers to PLEASE take my fish please please please!

My friend Kelly suggested that I fill up the bathtub and put like 10 7-day fish feeders in there and hope he lives. I suggested that she shove it. We're such good friends.

Ultimately, one of the guys at work said he'd take Sev over break. So tonight I packed up my boy and transported him ON THE SUBWAY in the FREEZING COLD for 40 minutes to get to this guy's apartment.

SEVERUS. You are more trouble than it's worth, fish. Good thing ah luff yew.

Let me just tell you: clutching a bag full of fish to your chest trying to keep the water warm when it's 20 degrees outside and mumbling, "C'mon, Sevie, stay warm for mommy!" while on the subway gets you a lot of weird looks.

But whatevs. Sev's badass enough to have a castle in his bowl. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

HE'S MY BOY.

P.S. Here's how I transported him:



P.P.S. This was on the subway this morning. I could not stop giggling. I am a 12-year-old boy.

5 comments:

Qutie Pie said...

Hi!

Just found you blogg and it's really cute. :-)

But i need to say this, for your fish sake, that his bowl is to small. Because when he makes his swimming-moving the vibration that goes through the water bounces back at him like eco and it is really destressful and could kill him in no time..

Get a bigger tank and have a happy holiday! :-)

Kirsten said...

AHAH I had one of those Beta fish when I was in college...we named in Sanchez and he lived for a very looooooooong time.

PS Yay for fellow Boston bloggers! Just came across your blog and am following...feel free to check mine out and follow if you like it! :)

~Kirsten
http://triplemaxtons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monica H said...

ha ha! I'm glad he has someone to watch over him and keep himcompany this Christmas. And super glad you didn't throw him in the tub and cross your fingers. ha!

Wishing you a very merry Christmas Nanny!

Monica

The Nanny said...

Qutie - no worries, that was just the bag I was transporting him in :) his regular bowl is much bigger!

Jessie - I deleted your comment out of privacy for the kids, and I'd prefer not to talk about that on my blog. I appreciate your sweet words, though :)