10.17.2010

A mouse mess

So we have mice in our apartment. That's no secret, we've seen the little buggars from time to time in the living room and kitchen.

We originally put out those sticky pad things, but we felt terrible being so inhumane so we took them up. We looked at buying no-kill traps, but DEAR GRACIOUS $15 a pop?! We don't have that kind of money! So we decided to just live in harmony with the mice and hope please jeebus that we don't see them very often.

WELL.

Yesterday (Saturday) morning, my alarm went off at 4:45 a.m. I had an event at work and needed to be on campus at 6:50 a.m., and boy what they pay me isn't enough to compensate for me getting up that early on a Saturday, but I DIGRESS.

Anyway.

I had gotten up at 4:45, cursed the world and my alarm clock (aka Sasha the iPhone), staggered into the kitchen, made coffee, downed the coffee VERY quickly, French-kissed the coffee pot, showered, and then I was back in my room putting on makeup while watching Thursday's episode of The Office.

And then something caught my eye.

To my right, I saw movement on the floor. I looked over and a MOUSE HAD COME SCURRYING OUT OF MY CLOSET OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

It scared the crap out of me, so I gasped really loudly, which spooked the mouse, WHICH THEN RAN BACK INTO MY CLOSET UNDERNEATH MY CLOTHES OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

Two things:

1) Yes, I'm still grateful mice are not cockroaches. BUT STILL.

2) All my shoes, winter coats, toiletries, scarves, dresses, and storage stuff live in my closet. I don't need those in my life, right?

So basically, here's the deal. I've closed my closet door and taken a vow of Closet Items Abstinence permanently. I can *totally* wear my black suede boots every day for the rest of my life. And I can buy new shampoo! And dresses! And suitcases! And etc.! Right? RIGHT. We're just going to pretend my closet no longer exists. AWESOME.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeak!

Hee Hee Hee

widdle mousie popster

Donna said...

I have 7 foster cats, wanna borrow one ???. LOL.