9.23.2010

Sasha to the rescue (again)

So my new apartment is across the river from DreamSchool — so I'm no longer RIGHT in the downtown city area.

This means two things:

1) Mumble grumble commute mumble grumble. (Actually, it's not that bad. I just like to exaggerate. I know, you're shocked!)

2) It's sososososososoSO quiet.

Now. I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people who can't fall asleep if it's dead quiet in the room. And here, in my apartment, it's DEAD QUIET at night. Like, you can hear a pin drop dead quiet.

[Unless the guys next door are having a wild party for Thirsty Thursday. Or Wasted Wednesday. Or Tipsy Tuesday. They like to celebrate these things, people.]

ANYWAY.

Usually in Texas I have a fan going to provide a bit of white noise. But it's too chilly (OMG I KNOW) to do that here. So one night, unable to sleep because I could hear my fish Sev swimming around in his bowl (THAT MEANS IT'S TOO QUIET, PEOPLE), I begged my little Sasha Fierce for help.

And she came through for me: a white noise app. For free.

Here is where I kneel down and kiss the very ground I'm on. MOMMY LOVES YOU, SASHA.

So that night, I fell asleep to the lovely sounds of white noise. But then GUESS WHAT: I started playing around with the app, and discovered it has like a zillion different noises on it! Like trains! And waves on a beach! And a grandfather clock!

AND THUNDERSTORMS!!!

I'm not even kidding. I can hear a nice thunderstorm as I fall asleep every night now. This has made me indescribably happy.

Sasha, my love: even though you won't let me play Words with Friends now that I've updated you to 4.0.1, which is annoying as heck, I FORGIVE YOU. Because THUNDERSTORMS AS I FALL ASLEEP.

This is true love.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I use this app too and have mad love for it....... only I use it for crying, when my daughter was little bitty she had colic and would calm down to the sound of the blow dryer. THANK THE HEAVENS i was able to put it on my phone for travel purposes!

Monica H said...

That is awesome. I have to sleep with the ceiling fan on (and usually a louder second fan) because it's too quiet here too. If I don't have them on, I can hear myself breathe- it's a strange thing!