9.15.2010

Oho! Back in the saddle, yo

So I'm writing this at 11:37 p.m. on a Wednesday night and Y'ALL: school. It's started again. Like, we're in the swing of things now.

I'm taking four classes: a news editing and design class, a photojournalism class, an investigative reporting class, and a class on American women writers. I'm also working about 20 hours a week. I'm also buried neck-deep in homework and GAH HALP CAN'T FIGHT MY WAY OOOOUUUUTTT!!!

I'm also averaging 4 hours of sleep per night. Last night I got 3 hours and 45 minutes of sleep. Is fun. Wheeeee!

Here's the thing, though: I haven't hit the exhaustion wall. No, really. I have SO much energy...it's kind of ridiculous.

I'm waiting, though. I know when I least expect it, WHAMMO! FATIGUE! And I'll keel over and start snoring and drooling on the floor of the subway system and then the cops will arrest me because they think I'm drunk and I'll have to beg my way out of a night in the slammer with my puppy dog eyes and fabulous cleavage.

[Er...somethingsomething. Maybe I'm more tired than I thought. Maybe I shouldn't be writing blog posts this late. OR DOING HOMEWORK. But whatevs. It'll be fine. I'm sure. How do you spell "journalism" again?]

But for now, I am woman, hear me Not Yawn! I'm up til 1:30 or 2 (or 2:30...) doing homework, my alarm goes off at 6, I chug massive amounts of coffee (huh. Maybe that's the reason for the lack of exhaustion) and I am good. to. GO, y'all.

[Also: do you know what is delicious and not at all giving me a sugar high right now? CANDY.]

ANYWAY.

One of the things on my massively long to-do list is to do a proper update on my new apartment. (Hint: we still have mice. And OH HOLY SHIZZNIT THAT HAD BETTER NOT BE A FRUIT FLY.) So that is coming. In the meantime, here's my bedside table!

PJ light 5

One of the other things on my massively long to-do list is sleep. (Hint: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LIKE THAT'LL EVER HAPPEN.) I crack myself up.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

I hope you find some time inbetween chugging coffee and downing the sugar to get some rest.

Anonymous said...

goodness, i think junior year is making you quite insane.

love,
your sister

Anonymous said...

I laughed and laughed. "Puppy dog eyes and fabulous cleavage." I'm still smiling, hours later. Thanks!

Bethany said...

I haven't been to your blog in a week or two and boy have I missed out. I love reading about your hilarious life! Have you hit the Wall-O-Fatigue yet?

By the way, your night stand picture just makes me happy....good picture, plus cute trinkets and looks very cozy. That is, if a night stand can look cozy.

The Nanny said...

Bethany — HIT IT. Ran headfirst into it. I'm actually sleeping as I type this.

And thank you :) I think it's cozy, too!

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Nicole Miller Prom, Top Secret, Heels, Boyfriend Jeans, Gift Sets, BCBG Max Azria, Dress, T-Shirts and Tops, Skinny Jeans, Other, Designer Dresses, Masks and Gloves, Tory Burch, Tees-Tanks, Nipple Pasties, Books and Games, eDM on sale designed by Gracia, Schutz, Geren Ford, Cynthia Dugan Jewelry, Madison Marcus, So Low, Vera Wang Lavender Label - always on sale!