9.05.2010

A bit better!

I'm not going to lie...it was a rough few days moving into the apartment. It's across the river from DreamSchool, and while I know the area, it just wasn't "home" yet. And GAH unpacking and stress and arranging and decorating and eating and blah, blah, blah.

But!

Things are better now!

I moved in Wednesday. And Friday night I had a heart-to-heart with one of my roomies and we talked about how she was feeling the same way. And then we went back to campus and reunited with another friend and ate Ben & Jerry's fro-yo. And that helped.

And then Saturday morning happened and I woke up and it was bright and sunny and beautiful, and I scored a cool picture frame and wooden basket at Goodwill for $2.10, and I had an *amaaaaazing* evening. And that helped.

And then Sunday happened and I BECAME A FISH MOMMY AGAIN and decided to paint my room and that HELPED.

So I'd like to introduce you all to my new little boy. His name is Severus. I call him my little Sevie-poo.


Severus seems to like the wine bottles. He always swims close to them. Like mommy, like fish!

So this is becoming more like home. And it's good. And I'm happy. And I'll post painting updates later because wow! Ceilings are tall! And oy! Paint is hard to get off hardwood floors! Ha! Ha ha! My dad is reading this and twitching because I ONLY USED DROP CLOTHS IN A FEW PLACES AND THEN GOT LAZY!

Okay. Now I'm back to catching up on the Internet because I've been mostly offline for 2 days and dear jeebus, people, 7,404,231 blogs and tweets to read!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you how much I absolutely love that you not only based your fish's name off Harry Potter, but that you also put a castle in the tank? Genius!

Bethany said...

Aw, the fish is so cute! Congratulations! ;) I'm glad you're getting settled in back at school, that's always a good feeling.

The Nanny said...

Anon - the name & castle were *totally* accidental. I didn't realize it until a friend pointed it out!