8.01.2010

Ubernerd

So if you know me at all, you know that I'm a Harry Potter dork. Like, a *supreme* dork. Like, it's a little embarrassing.

(Please don't judge me.)

(Okay, you can judge me. BUT PLEASE DON'T STOP LOVING ME.)

So I was beyond excited to go to a Harry Potter Party yesterday! On Harry's actual birthday! Happy 30th, Harrykins!

It was hosted by the lovely Moi (that's her Twitter name — it wasn't hosted by me), and Txnewsprincess, BeckyMochaFace and JeremyHerbel attended. And y'all: we dorked. it. up.

It was magical.

We had butterbeer, cauldron cakes, chips and dip, and a snitch cake. OH HELLS TO THE YES, y'all, I MADE A SNITCH CAKE.

Behold:


I know. Sometimes I'm just in awe of my own raw talent.

We watched the first three movies and dissected any inconsistencies between the movies and the books. And the books and the books. And oh my dear jesus, it was so nice to be in the company of ubernerds like myself. I felt so...so...at home! Comfortable! Like I could be myself and admit that I really really hate the epilogue in the 7th book!

Oh, you guys: it was nerdy heaven.

And the best part? We have part 2 of #Potterthon planned for just a few weeks from now. CANNOT. WAIT.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I've been to one of the castles where the first two movies were filmed. I actually stayed in a room that they shot parts of the film from and the windows are visible in a scene from the second movie (I have a picture from the trip that matches up with the scene in the movie, minus the Harry Potter in my picture!).

I wish I lived closer...

Kirsten said...

I'm not an ubernerd, but I agree that the epilogue sucked. Glad you had so much fun and I love the snitch cake.

Anonymous said...

(i frosted that snitch cake)

love, your sister

Jeremy Herbel said...

In my defense, I've never read or seen any Harry Potter before. I wear the Ubernerd title for entirely different reasons. ;)