8.29.2010

My new baby

So I'm taking a photojournalism class this semester, and the professor *strongly* recommended we invest in our own DSLR cameras. Which is HOLY JEEBUS THAT'S A LOTTA MONEY. Ack!

But I took as many side babysitting jobs as I could to save up, and stalked Amazon and a few other sites looking for major DSLR sales all summer, and finally in early August: JACKPOT. A Canon Rebel XS, refurbished, with a 90-day warranty, at a seriously reasonable price. Boom. Love.

Here's my new baby...

hocus focus

Now if only I could figure out all these fancy-pants buttons. I guess that means I should *SIGH* RTFM, as my dad would say.

(RTFM = READ THE FREAKIN' MANUAL. You have to read that with an exasperated voice, by the way.)

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love her.

I think now that you are back we should take our cameras and go play. Somewhere. Where cameras like to play.

Donna said...

congrats on your "new baby", have you named her yet ???

The Nanny said...

Erin - yes! I'm in! We need to compare schedules!

Donna - not yet! Any suggestions?

The Nanny said...

Erin - yes! I'm in! We need to compare schedules!

Donna - not yet! Any suggestions?

Donna said...

I have a "Nancy" Nikon, possibly a "cassie" Canon... LOL

Monica H said...

You two look good together!