8.05.2010

It was owlstanding

So the other night, I was driving home from babysitting around 10:45 at night. And as I was driving along this semi-quiet road outside of a neighborhood, I saw something in the road in front of me.

At first I thought it was a lump of trash. But as I (slowly) got closer, I could see that it was most definitely NOT trash.

It was...

(Excuse the crappy cell phone picture. Lemme zoom in for you. Which probably won't help.)


Can you tell what that is? Can you? Because ZOMG, y'all: IT WAS AN OWLET.

A BABY OWL.

And there were TWO OF THEM JUST SITTING THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AND OH. MY. GOODNESS. AWWWWWW.

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. I stopped my car, and tried to get a good cell phone picture, but I of course couldn't because it was dark and crappy cell phone pictures and blah blah blah. And then they flew away. But it was so cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see a little owlet! So cool.

Anonymous said...

I want to see a little owlet! So cool.

Angie said...

I know I spend waaaay too much time on Facebook because I want to just hit the like button on this post... ;)

Melissa said...

Aww, how cute! What wonderful little creatures to happen upon.