8.20.2010

Hot hot hot

So this morning I did something I've never done before.

HOT YOGA.

You know, the kind where they crank the heat up to 98 degrees and you have to be all flexible and stretchy and balanced and stuff.

(Hi! I'm Nanny, and I dislike heat, and am not flexible, stretchy or balanced! Woot!)

Y'all, I was scared. I did weekly yoga when I was a freshman in high school, but that was I'M NOT TELLING HOW MANY years ago. Let's just say it's been a while.

Oh, and did I mention this was a 6 a.m. class? HA. HA HA.

I only went because I love the person who dragged me to it. And because yeah, I've been curious about it for a while. And because sweating! it burns calories! And lord knows I need to lose me some calories!

So I set my alarm for 5 a.m., woke up, cursed the world (quietly, since I was sharing a room with Jenny's daughter Maggie) for the earlyness of it all, and headed off with Jenny to meet Kara and Jacki.

Let me just tell you: walking into the heated room? Rather anticlimactic. Y'all, I live in Texas. 98 degrees is a cool summer day. So the heat? No big. And at that point, after I walked in and realized the heat wasn't as scary as I thought, I told myself, "Nanny? YOU. GOT. THIS." And I smugly walked over, got a mat and a towel, and waited for the surely easy-peasy yoga to start.

Ha! HA HA!

I'm just so adorably naive, aren't I?

Now in the interest of honesty, the class wasn't all that hard. There were some poses and things we did that I *loved.* And there were some poses and things we did that I *hated* and I begged the yoga gods for mercy lest my trembling legs give out from underneath me and I collapse on the floor in a pool of my own sweat and tears. But overall? GOOD. Very good.

And I left yoga chugging water and feeling pretty damn good about myself. And vowing to sign up for more classes before I leave for DreamSchool (SO SOON). And patting myself on the pack.

Until tonight, when allofasudden I felt like a train had run over me.

SERIOUSLY, yoga?! Good thing I like you. Because I can hardly move.

1 comment:

Jacki said...

I loved having you at yoga, you were a total ROCK STAR!
I am very sad that I just met you at the end of the summer when you are about to leave and head back to dream school.