7.26.2010

Oh yeah, I'm still a nanny

I know I haven't been posting as many pics of Sam, Ben & Coco as I did last summer. And the main reason for that?

Coco is mobile.

I KNOW.

Last summer she could crawl, but it's nothing on her walking. Girlfriend can be out of my sight and causing mischief (climbing on top of the piano, getting into the pantry, taking off her diaper, etc.) within half a second. So if I take time to pull out my phone? or my camera? SHE'S GONE. And the contents of the refrigerator are strewn about the house.

Plus I honestly don't like having my phone when I'm with the kids. Because it's too big a temptation to check Twitter every few minutes, or play Words With Friends — and that's not fair for them, me being distracted. I don't want them to think they're second to Sasha.

So, all of this to say: I dug through my phone's camera, and here are the only two recent pics I have of the kids.


Kids + 3D glasses = AWESOME entertainment. Coco + 3D movie = BAD. IDEA.

(Actually, she was pretty good. I normally don't like taking kids her age to see movies, because it's not fair to a 21-month-old to have to sit still for 2 hours and it's not good for brain development and blah blah blah, but we *had* to get out of the house and it was 439 degrees outside so we couldn't go swimming or to the park. And we went early and the theater was empty so she could roam around. Consequently, I have *no* idea what Despicable Me is about.)

(Sam and Ben liked it, though!)


At the park. The three of them l-o-v-e-d the tire swing. And I was able to snap a picture because look! Coco is contained!

Love these three kids SO. MUCH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute. And good for you, nanny--putting the little ones in your charge before your precious Sasha. You are one of a kind.

Sugar Photography said...

SO GLAD to see that you had the same 3-D movie experience with Coco that I did. I have a vague idea of what Toy Story 3 is about...but I now know ALL the hiding spots small enough for a 2 year old in the theater.

Have I mentioned today how much we love you? How lucky we are to know you?

We are. Our 2 summers with you will always be famous for their Nannyliciousness.

XO

Jen

Jenny Scott said...

You're an absolute natural with kids. I love watching you interact with children and how they respond to you. You're the best!