6.20.2010

Well, this post started with a point

So I have an addiction to my body pillow. The one I got at Target for $9. The one I bought two of so I could have one for DreamSchool and my house in Texas.

The one I can NO LONGER SLEEP WITHOUT. *DRAMATIC SOB*

But the body pillow has so many good uses. It's great to be the big spoon with. It can be bunched up and a great prop-up pillow. And if you're sharing a bed with someone, it's great as an extra-long pillow.*

*SHARING A BED PLATONICALLY WITH A PLATONIC FRIEND, I mean. I promise. Don't look at me that way, MOTHER. I'M STILL YOUR BABY.

(I'm going to go ahead and warn you that I don't actually have a point to this post. I just really love my body pillow.)

ANYWAY.

Let's bullet-point the rest of this post, shall we?

• Swimming + 20-month-old Coco - flotation devices = I now have a head full of gray hair. I think it's quite becoming on me.

• I'm watching the old SNL with Betty White. Betty White is a BAMf.

• We are 8 days away from our Florida trip with these really awesome people. This essentially means that oh holy hell I WILL BE IN A BATHING SUIT IN 8 DAYS.

• My sister is spending two weeks in Austria dancing with her dance company. I am a) prouder and b) more jealous than I can say.

• I'm going to go cuddle up to my body pillow now. Mmmmmm. Come to mama, you soft brown bundle o'happiness...

4 comments:

Sugar Photography said...

So happy to hear that I'm not the only one turning gray as Coco learns the joy of being underwater (and underwater, and underwater, and underwater).

She's a fish!

XO

mommymichael said...

if you're addicted now, just wait til you get pregnant and have babies!! seriously.

annnnnnnnnd we officially have the same pillow. although my FAVORITE body pillow came from when i was pregnant with, oh dang.. I forget. Either Roan or Willem. It was round, and more firm. Have you noticed that yours is getting a little flat? Mine has. I stupidly gave up the dark blue, round, firm body pillow when I thought "oh i'm not getting pregnant again..." HAH. Should have known better. dang.

Try having 3 kids in the pool. 2 of which are under other people's control and not yours. That's enough to gray every hair on my body. And I do mean every hair. lol Maybe it's a trust thing with me, but I feel like I have to have my eyes on all of them. Just in case something goes wrong.

Although mine don't like the underwater exploration yet. But the eldest acts like "pshhh i don't need your help" and pushes off of me. Or hangs on the wall then tells me "go over by nana!! don't help me!" as if he knows how to really swim.

The Nanny said...

@MM - YES, my pillow is getting a bit flat! I have to keep bunching it up to spread around the stuffing. May have to invest in a new one soon...

And yup, I know how the three-kids-in-a-pool thing goes :) Luckily, Sam & Ben are awesome swimmers. Which leaves me to focus my attention on the almost-toddler who LOVES LOVES LOVES being underwater (see her mom's comment above) and will jump in anywhere with reckless abandon!

Nico said...

We have a body pillow too. Although we use it as a real pillow, I call it my two-head pillow, and I adore it because before I always used to end up with my head in the crack. So I'm with you on it being great for sharing a bed!