6.06.2010

The roller coaster continues

This whole saga has been so up and down — I can hardly put it into words. Good days, bad days, good hours, bad hours, good minutes, bad minutes.

Two days ago was really hard. Yesterday was a bit better. Today, this morning specifically, was really hard. But tonight ended on a good note: I had some time with just Granddad and me, watching the Braves game while I knit. It was nice.

Granddad's been moved to a subacute rehab facility. We don't know how long he'll be there. As for us, my mom and me, the plan as of now is to leave Tuesday afternoon, spend the night in Mississippi, and get home on Wednesday.

(Though we're remaining fluid, as my mom says, because based upon how things have happened thus far, we don't know what we'll walk in and see tomorrow.)

I've got a zillion things swirling through my head, and I'm sorry that both my blog and Twitter have been infused with Granddad! Granddad! Granddad! I'll be back (hopefully) to my regular nonsensical postings soon.

In the meantime, thank you so much for your good thoughts. They are so appreciated, and most certainly felt.

XOXO. (I really, really want to add "Gossip Girl" under the XOXO and this proves two things: 1) I read too many junky books (i.e., Gossip Girl) and 2) I AM EXHAUSTED.)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Right now, your life is all about Granddad and that's okay. :) I'm still thinking and praying for you!!!!

Monica H said...

Like Amanda said, that is what your life is filled with at the moment, and that is okay. We're here for you no matter what you want to talk about.

Hugs to you, your mom and your Granddad.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Lots of blessings and prayers for your Grandad, you, Mom and family.