6.10.2010

My poor [future] kids

So do you remember this post? The one in which some of my naming dreams were squished (sob) mercilessly?

Well...it's kind of sort of happened again. HERE'S THE STORY:

My mom and I were driving along, talking about baby names*.

*Note: I do not currently have a need for baby names. I will not until after I finish college at the earliest. Really. Calm down, mother. I AM NOT PREGNANT NOR DO I PLAN TO BE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AT LEAST.

[Ahem.]

Anyway, we were talking about baby names, and I was gushing about how much I love the name Pearl. Like seriously. It's one of my favorites for a little girl. And we were also talking about family names. Harper is a family name, and while I'm not a huge fan of the name, I like the idea of a family homage.

So I was throwing it around with Pearl, and I thought, "Harper. Pearl. Harper Pearl. Nah, doesn't sound good. How about Pearl Harper?"

*silence*

"OH, [EXPLETIVE]."

Because I knew he'd appreciate the cruelty of Pearl Harper, I texted it to former-boytoy Sean. And he responded with three more cruel baby names that he'd thought of while at work. He was ridiculously proud of himself and demanded credit should I put them on my blog.

So, without further ado, here are three more Cruel Baby Names brought to you by former-boytoy Sean:

Ninah Levin
Roe Wade
Roe Wanda

I don't know whether to applaud him or laugh or cry. Or all three. *sigh*

In the meantime, Eliza Pearl has grown on me. Or Ada Pearl, but I can't use that, because we don't want anyone eating pearls. Or Isla Pearl. Or Eva Pearl. Or Ella Pearl. Or somethingsomething.

Now I've typed Pearl so many times it looks weird.

So that means it's time for me to sign off this post.

And brainstorm names that go with Clay. And that are not Henry Clay. Because while I love the name, every time I've told people about it they say, "Oh, the nineteenth-century American statesman and orator?" except not. They usually say, "Oh, that historical guy?" And I go HEADDESK and bemoan the fact that I can't like normal names.

Halp?

5 comments:

ASTRA REED said...

WOW!!! Really a wonderful story.. PEARL name is so beautiful i also luv this name.. you are really a thoughtful and mature person..

Charlotta said...

Pearl is a beautiful name. And my friend and I play around with baby names all the time...even if neither of us are sure wether or not we actually want babies...but that's besides the point. I can strangely enough only come up with boy names (a sign?) and I have fallen for the name Tristan. No matter what anyone says if I have a boy in a very distant future his name shall be just that; Tristan.

The Nanny said...

@Charlotta - Tristan is fantastic :)

The Sweetheart said...

Pearl Awesome how about Harper lee after the writer or Pearl Marie, it funny how I think Marie makes everything sound nice.
Pearl will grow with a person as well as Harper unlike the names I've came up with Raine, Azul and Maraesha or My friend's friend's friend Named Shaniqua (Sha-Knee-Qwa) ( i do have names that are old Laraine, Alexander, Annabel) I'm adopting I'm not having that many kids lol. It kidda funny the names guys come up with my BBF he came up with Mason Lee and double bible names like Noah Adam and Abel Matthew

Nico said...

It took me longer than I am willing to admit to get the pearl harper problem. Yeah. I'm blaming it on not enough sleep.

I am sure that when you do have kid(s) of your own, they're going to have amazing names!