6.26.2010

How having an extremely adorable and very sleepy puppy can be a fun pasttime

(Alternately titled: Poor, poor Max)

So last night I was fiddling around on my computer until the wee hours, and pupster Max was snoring in his bed behind my desk. When I finally was ready to sleep, I went to scoop him up to put him into my bed.

When I saw how he was positioned, though, I'm pretty sure I squealed several decibel levels higher than what's appropriate and then took a million pictures because he is SO ADORABLE. At 1 a.m. While he was trying to sleep. OBVIOUSLY I'm his favorite person ever. Allow me to show you:


[Peaceful slumber. Totally clueless that I'm about to take a quadzillion pictures and wake him up. PWECIOUS BAYBEE.]


[Awwww. And did you notice how I'm blatantly copying Dooce by instilling a modesty patch on Max? Except mine is labeled weinerschnitzel because he's a weiner dog and it's a weiner and I crack myself up.]


[HUZ. ZAH. LOVE. Am ever so slightly tempted to lick my computer monitor. Just me? Yes? Frack.]


Max: "Zzzzzxxnnxxxx-huhwha?! OH NO NOT THE CAMERA."


Max: "Maaaaaybe if I roll over, she'll realize I'm trying to sleep since it's ONE A.M. and leave me alone. I don't think I'm being unreasonable."


Max: [Pretends to be asleep.]


Max: "This isn't working. She's just getting closer to me with that camn damera."


Max: "OH SHE IS IN MY FACE. SHE IS IN MY FACE WITH THE CAMERA. AT ONE A.M. SOMEBODY CALL PETA. I DO NOT GET PAID ENOUGH FOR THIS."


Max: "This is effing ridiculous. I mean, I know my widdle nosey-poo is adorable and all, but COME ON."


Max: "I. give. up."

And then I put down the camera and snuggled with him and fed him a carrot. Because he is part reindeer. And it was 1 a.m. And then the end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am the proud owner of the cutest puppy in the whole world :))

-your sister

Melissa said...

Aw, how adorable! What a cute little puppy face.

Erin said...

You guys have too much fun at 1am!!!

Monica H said...

Autumn sleeps tht way too, but usually in the middle of our bed!

Cait said...

I laughed so hard I almost woke the baby. Whoops.