6.08.2010

Headed home

And just like that, the trip is over. Granddad's doing better (thank you, thank you, thank you), and I've got to get back to work. Tonight my mom and I are in a motel in Ruston, Louisiana...in a 5-minute span, I saw a cricket, a cockroach, and a spider as big as my head. HOW FAR TO DALLAS, PLEASE?

The past week and a half has been a total blur — I honestly couldn't tell you what I did on Monday, other than spend time with Granddad. My mom and I are exhausted, mentally and physically, but the silver lining of this trip was the amount of time I got to spend with Granddad. I don't think I've ever spent that long with him before (the curse of living far away from extended family).

We'll be back in Dallas by tomorrow afternoon. Ahhhhh.

P.S. I reread this post and caught four grammatical and/or spelling errors. I AM PUTTING MYSELF TO BED NOW.


Another pic from the Twisted Root. That's my mom in the pic, though you really can't tell :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thang you really can't tell it's me. :)

You have been amazing. Thank you for coming with me, for loving your granddad with me, being so brave and strong, and for taking such good care of all of us through all of the rollercoaster rides.

Except for all of the (mostly) hard parts, it was fun taking a roadtrip with my favorite college girl/nanny. Maybe we can do it under more happy circumstances one day soon.

(And to your sister, no worries. You're not in college yet, so I'm allowed to call her my favorite college girl/nanny, free and clear of any hint of sparking any possible sibling rivalry. And I missed you SO much while we were gone. Can't wait to have time to catch up!)

marmsie

P.S. There are crickets, cockroaches and spiders in the Big D, too...just so you'll know.

Erin said...

I'm so glad your Granddad is doing a bit better! It's so hard when a grandparent is ill, and a huge bummer!