3.20.2010

Forget my new apartment

I've found a new place I want to live. Forever. Permanently.

Here's what it looks like:




*happy sigh*

It's a tiny bookstore in Nyack, NY. I was there just a few days ago and the only thing stopping me from moving in right then and there was a certain cat who seemed less than willing to share her space.

Stupid cat.

I mean, I love cats. I LOVE cats. But this one was like, "Oh HELL to the no, this is MY turf, beeyotch."

Or something like that.

Anyway, this place had literally thousands of books. They were overflowing the shelves, stacked all over the floor, spilling onto the few aisles the bookstore had. It was heaven. HEAVEN, I tell you.

If only I hadn't spent all my money on a trip to New York City the week before, I would have bought the place. But that's a whole 'nother post.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that certainly is amazing!! Books, books, and more books!! Can't wait to read more about your city trip. It's always fun to read touristy kind of posts since I'm from Long Island. Have a great weekend!!

snarkynanny said...

I am moving in there with you! We can read and bitch all day long. That cat will just have to make room.

mommymichael said...

this is why i love my kindle. lol i would go insane in there trying to find a book to read. for me to focus i have to have it all in order. lol

The Nanny said...

@mommymichael - I don't think I could use a Kindle! I love the used book smell too much :) (creepy? yeah, haha)

mommymichael said...

i read so much more now that i have a kindle. in highschool it was TORTURE to read. i wanted nothing to do with books. recently (this past summer) i found a new love for books thanks to jodi picoult. lol so hubby bought me a kindle for christmas -- thinking i'd be reading at the same slow pace. now i'm zipping through books like there's no tomorrow. (at least as much as you can zip when you have 3 kids.)

Jen said...

I want to spend my entire rainy day there.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to explore the shelves until I'm exhausted, find a comfy chair, a cup of tea and read.