So I have an Apartment! Drama! update. Here it is in bullet point:
• We drew straws on who got first, second, third, etc., pick of bedrooms. I GOT FIRST PICK. HOLY SHIZZNICKIES. I picked a lovely room with a window and closet. I am happy.
• My sweet roommate who was on MY side with the pay less debacle got the smallest room. I feel guilty.
• We meet with the mediator. She recommends that we make Smallest Room Occupant pay $75 less per month. The others pay $18 more per month. I am okay with this.
• NOBODY OBJECTS TO THE $18/MONTH HIKE.
• I am confused.
• I ask why my other roommates changed their mind. Long story short, this leads to tears and drama and angst and oh, have I mentioned we're all either on or approaching our periods? IT'S FUN.
• There are three days of tension.
• Then rainbows appear and kittens frolic and all of a sudden it seems like we're all okay?
And that is where we are now. We're all okay. And I'm afraid to breathe, lest I trigger ZOMG MORE DRAMA.