2.08.2010

Yarny goodness

So over a year ago I posted a one-sentence blog post with a title that, completely unrelated to the post, mentioned how I wanted to learn how to crochet.

WELL. The crocheting didn't work out (mostly because I never actually tried to learn) BUT I did learn to knit!

See?




So much yarny goodness! My dear friend leant me her needles (which are now on my BIRTHDAY WANT list) (*ahem,* mom and dad, 33 days) (ZOMG 33 days!!!) (GAH 33 days I AM OLD) (okay back to the post) and spent several hours coaching me through one row of clumsy, loose stitches.

But now I can do it on my own! I am ridiculously excited. It's so calming. And makes me feel productive. Cause I'm knitting and that is totally badass NO MATTER HOW MUCH CRAP I GET FROM BOYTOY SEAN ABOUT ME BEING 90 YEARS OLD.

We're not going to talk about the fact that I spent my Friday night knitting and watching the second part of the O'Reilly Factor but only because Jon Stewart is on it and Jon Stewart is HAWT.

Oh: and in case you were wondering, I'm making pupster Max a scarf. Because I can.

4 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I bet Max will love his scarf! I'm always so amazed when people teach themselves to knit or croquet-that's awesome!

The Nanny said...

I wrote this about a week ago and schedule it to post today -- since then, the scarf has grown to be about twice as long as Max :) he can wrap up in it like a blanket!

Anonymous said...

Make me a blanket!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll share it with Max!

-cmatt
aka your sister's new comment name

Monica H said...

I've never tried to learn to knit with needles but I can sure work a knitting loom! ha!

pretty scarf.