1.08.2010

The strangest thing

There is one thing that I am still trying to get used to about being home.

It's so very different than what's up at DreamSchool, and every time I, uh, use it, it's weird.

The toilet paper.

I didn't realize how thin the TP at DreamSchool was until I came home a few weeks ago! When I got home and used the restroom for the first time here (sorry for TMI!), I was IN. SHOCK. at how thick and soft the TP was!

(I also distinctly remember sending my sister the following text message post-restroom break: "This is random but has our toilet paper always been that thick?" ... to which she replied, "Yes i think so...")

(No, I did not text in the restroom. Ever since my phone (2 phones ago) dived into the toilet, my phones are going NOWHERE NEAR BATHROOMS AT ALL EVER SRSLY.)

(And yes, my sister and I do text each other most of the time instead of talking. Even if we're in the same house. Even if we're in the same room. That's what $10/month unlimited texting will do for you.)

ANYWAY.

Yeah: we use the cheapo kind of TP here Chez Nanny, so I suppose the DreamSchool TP must be ULTRA-CHEAP. But you know what? I kind of prefer DreamSchool's. I mean, with this TP at home I feel like it's too thick. And wasteful.

And lord knows I hate to waste things like toilet paper.

So, as bizarre as this sounds, I'm actually looking forward to going back to DreamSchool.

For the scratchy, 1/116th-ply toilet paper.

I need a life.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

That's hysterical! I do know that my parents buy very very cheap TP but past that haven't thought more about it :)

I saw your snowman post a while back and just have to say, that is the CUTEST snowman I've ever seen. A mini one!

Erin O. said...

Love. This. Post.

Seriously, you always make me laugh and ponder life in a very different way!!!

love you

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Alex and Jill said...

LOL I'm an aloe girl...the thicker - the better!

The Nanny said...

Thanks guys! :)

Debbie said...

I remember thinking the same thing when I came home from college! Great minds think alike. You crack me up!!

Kait said...

Even my broke college self splurges on the fluffy stuff.

Enjoy your raw bum, I'll enjoy a happy fanny.

Ha.

AnnettSSours said...

給你一個鼓勵 ..................................................