1.04.2010

For the sake of tradition

HeatherSmith was my 50,000th visitor! Heather, email me at theonlinenanny[AT]gmail[DOT]com and I'll get you your prize :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Since I did this survey last year and the year before, I suppose I should do it again!

Honestly, if you get to the bottom of this, you DESERVE a prize.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Mmmmm. Had my heart broken into a zillion tiny pieces.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Nope. I don't do new year's resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Uhhhh...no?

4. Did anyone close to you die?

(knockonwood) Not that I can think of.

5. What countries did you visit?

None!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

More book-reading time!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

It's funny...on last year's survey, I put Feb. 17, 2008. I can't even remember why that would be important now. This year? May 3, when D. and I broke up. And Sept. 12, when I moved back up to DreamSchool and became so much happier.

Edited to add: I do remember about Feb. 17 now. Had to do some serious thinking & remembering. And I realized it wasn't a good day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Keeping up my grades -- I'm RAWKIN' a 3.95 GPA, baby!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not giving back as much as I could.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

(moreknockingonwood) No!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

GAH, call me materialistic, but two pairs of BOOTS!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Everyone's? But especially my 5 suitemates and boytoy Sean for making me so happy.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I'd rather not go into that here!

14. Where did most of your money go?

HELLO COLLEGE TUITION!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going back to school! (No, really. No, REALLY.)

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Well, since I finally got an iPod and built up my iTunes library, there are a lot. I'm particularly grooving on the band The xx right now.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?

I'm...different.

b) thinner or fatter?

Probably a bit fatter. This will probably be confirmed tomorrow when I go get a physical. And will probably make me sad. So I will probably go eat ice cream.

c) richer or poorer?

Wayyyyyyyyy poorer. (Oh hey DreamSchool!)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More reading!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Wasted time doing nothing on the computer or watching mindless TV.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At my parents' house with them & my little sis.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

With so many people and things!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Mad Men. Big Love. Secret Diary of a Call Girl. The Office. House. Can't pick.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't think so.

24. What was the best book you read?

I really loved "The Help." And Silas House's "A Parchment of Leaves."

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

It's a tie between Ryan Adams and The xx.

26. What did you want and get?

Another year of happiness and health.

27. What did you want and not get?

An unlimited budget.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Where the Wild Things Are! But that's pretty much because it was one of the only movies I watched this year.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

On my birthday, I had a biopsy on my left breast. What a way to celebrate, I KNOW.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More money in my college fund would take a big weight off my shoulders.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

It was the year of the SKIRT! I wear skirts almost every day, with flats or boots. And I wear tights up north where it's cold.

32. What kept you sane?

The INTRANETS!!! (Or wait...is that insane...?)

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

No idea.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Making gay marriage illegal in several states.

35. Who did you miss?

When?

36. Who was the best new person you met?

My friend Kelly. Who I'm going to New York with during spring break. Which ZOMG CANNOT WAIT FOR.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

I'm a beast at doing laundry now.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Uh. This is the part I suck at. I can hum tunes, but not quote lyrics.

If you do this, comment and let me know! I'd love to see yours!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I found your blog through Coco's blog :) I did one of these :)

Angie said...

The Mackinac area is awesome! We had such a great time. Believe it or not, I am only 2.5 hours south of it and had never been! We'll definitely be making it a tradition, for sure!

Nic said...

I think this is great (enjoyed reading and DID make it all the way to the end - nice on the 3.95 GPA, that's great!), I would love to do it but I have a feeling it will be 2011 before I actually get around to it. sigh.

I love your new ring, how gorgeous! I couldn't comment on that post for some reason.

The Nanny said...

Nic -- that's because I turn off comments on most picture posts (and some others) because I'm afraid they won't get any comments. And I'm SO superficial that that depresses me :)

lifelaughsandlove said...

Hey, thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog! It's always nice to hear about people besides my mom and dad who read my blog :) Love the picture of your dog!

~Amy