12.07.2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

So two nights ago, we had the first snowfall of the season up here in the Frigid North! Thus far it's been a VERY mild winter. I'm talking average temps in the 50s and even 60s!!!

(The Texan in me is SERIOUSLY rolling my eyes now that mid-50s is *warm* to me.)

Regardless, I was thrilled to pieces that it's been so warm for so long. And hoping beyond hope that huh, Mother Nature would suddenly switch northern winters from "cold" to "Texas" temperatures.

Alas, winter did catch up with us (though Texas had snow before we did!). I was walking back from a deeeelish vegan Asian dinner with a few friends. Here's how the conversation went:

Friend 1: "God, it's cold and miserable!"

Friend 2: "Low 30s in temperature and raining? GAH."

Me: "I WANT TEXAS."

Friend 1: *grumble grumble* "Why can't this restaurant be closer to our dorms?"

Friend 2: "Or there be a subway stop that conveniently drops us off at our doors???"

Me: "TEXAS." *whimper*

All of a sudden...

Friend 1: "Is...is that..."

Friend 2: "...but it was just raining!"

Me: "SNOW!!!"

All together now: "ZOMG THIS IS SO PRETTY!!! SNOW!!! LET'S STAY OUTSIDE AND PLAY IN THE SNOW!!! WE COULD BE OUT HERE FOREVER!!! IT'S SO PRETTY!!! LET'S WALK SOME MORE!!!"

(Curtain.)

(Curtsey.)

So yes: we got snow! It was just a light dusting, and I definitely didn't expect it to stick.

Which it did.

Which meant that I felt REALLY smart* when I walked outside in my cheetah print flats and no socks the next morning.

*(and cold)

But who cares: IT'S SNOW!!!

1 comment:

Monica H said...

Unlike Houston, we got about a handful of flurries last Friday but they promptly melted when the sun came out. It's currently 36 degrees out but the sun is shining once again so probably no snow again today.

stay warm!