12.22.2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

For the past few years, Christmas hasn't felt much like Christmas. I suppose that's because, y'know, I'm getting up in years. I found a few gray hairs the other day, and I yelled at those darn kids with their fancy-pants technology last night when my roommates were playing with the N64.

But this year? This year is different. It may be the SNOW!!!, and I think that's partially it, but I think most of it is because we're stuck up here so late -- I don't leave to fly home til Dec. 23. The day before Christmas Eve. Two days before Christmas. Last year, I was home by Dec. 17.

I think the reason why it feels so much like Christmas is because since we're all stuck here so late we're all making it as Christmas-y as possible. How can you not be excited about Christmas when you live in a building with 750 other college kids who are excited about Christmas*?!?

*(or Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, next year's Olympic games, etc.)

We're romping through the SNOW!!!, singing Christmas carols loudly and off-key, watching Christmas-y things (A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, Steven Colbert's Christmas Special, Stepbrothers), and drinking large amounts of hot apple cider. All of us, all together.

(Of course, we're doing this around our CRAZY and INSANE exam schedule. Who needs sleep, anyway?)

Even though it's a bummer I'm only getting home 2 days before Christmas, it's so nice being in such a happy place. Happy holidays!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gray hairs? Really?? REALLY???????

Oh my gosh.

Hurry home. Be safe. Can't wait to see you!

Love,
marmsie

Kait said...

Only a f'in Texan could like snow that much.

Come to MI for a winter, ya damn southerner. You'll be begging for your heat and Mexican food back.

The Nanny said...

Mom - no, not really :)

Kaitlyn - YOU ARE A SOUTHERNER TOO, MY DEAR. And I fully recognize that the only reason I like snow so much is because I don't have to drive in it ;)

Monica H said...

I love the snow too, but I think it's because I don't see it much.

Be safe and Merry Christmas Nanny!

meinsideout said...

Merry Christmas!!!