11.09.2009

Thank you.

I just wanted to say...thank you, to all of you, for your support on this post about D. and me.

Honestly, I'm still in a bit of a shock that the secret I hid for so long is now known.

But I am more grateful than I can say for your kind words, tweets, comments, and emails. They literally brought me to tears and I cannot tell you how lucky I felt.

My sister's comment particularly touched me (and so many others' comments said the same thing). It said:

"i found out about you and D. waaaay before you wanted me to and quite honestly, it took me a while to adjust to it.

but you two made me realize how much love can exist between two people... no matter what their genders may be."

It's true. It's so true. A man's love for another man, or a woman's love for another woman, is just as strong, beautiful, and powerful as a heterosexual couple's. The bottom line is: it's love.

It's love.

And that's an amazing thing.