11.18.2009

No-Shave November!

So I'm not sure if you all know this, but I'm stubborn.

Really stubborn.

Exhibits A-Q: I have not eaten cheese since I was 5 years old. I have no problem with it. I used to like it. One day, out of the blue while eating a grilled cheese sandwich I said I'd never eat cheese again. And I haven't. For over a decade and a half. I could eat it. But I don't.

See? Stubborn.

So when I heard the boys suite next to our girls suite was going to do No-Shave November, I told boytoy Sean that if he was participating (ewww, scruff) than I would too (i.e., no shaving legs). I fully expected him to opt out.

Nope.

He said, and I quote, "Okay."

And I said, "OKAY?!?!?"

And he said, "Okay."

And I said, "Does that not gross you out?!? The thought of me not shaving my legs for a MONTH?!?!?"

And he said, "Not really. Guys don't really pay attention to that."

And I said, "Marry me."

So: it was settled. No-Shave November would be in full swing for me, as well. I lathered up and shaved October 31, and kissed my razor goodbye until December 1. (Except for my underarms. Cause a month of no shaving your underarms? OH HONEY NO.)

It's cold enough up here that I'm either in jeans or tights (under a skirt) every day. So no big with the hairy legs.

A week in, I was a champion! Stubble, no prob! I can handle those little black hairs if he can!

Two weeks in, oy. A week makes a big difference. But still! I'm stubborn! I CAN DO THIS!

Two weeks, two days in: Eeeewwww, the hairs poke out of my tights now. EW. BUT I CAN DO THIS! I WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS!

Two weeks, four days in: I caved.

Yup, this morning, I cut down the forrest that had moved onto my legs. I effectively ended No-Shave November simply because good lord I could not take it any longer.

18 days with no shaved legs. (I'm rather embarrassed to say that's not the longest I've gone. But still.) OY.

But now I am all silky smooth and purdy. For the record, boytoy Sean's still in. It looks, um, interesting. Rather like a 19-year-old boy's attempt at his first beard. Cause that's what it is.

Is it December 1 yet?

Edit: And no, just because I caved with No-Shave November does NOT mean I'll be trying cheese anytime soon.

9 comments:

Evil Angel said...

I would never have made it through the first week.

Anonymous said...

EAT CHEESE DANGIT.

-yo sistah

The Nanny said...

Evil Angel -- I didn't think I would, either. But laziness + teeeeeny-tiny shower = eh, it's not so bad with hairy legs ;)

Sis -- no way.

Monica H said...

Mr. H doesn't care about my hairy legs either. love him!

And scruffy face? love it! seriously.

congrats on your last post!

Alex and Jill said...

I'm laughing out loud! Alex and I just had this EXACT CONVERSATION this week! It went down exactly like yours except when he said "okay" to my not shaving my legs, I said, "WHAT....EWWW!!" I shave daily, so there was no way I could do it. :)

Erin O. said...

I heart you...you made it about 1 or 16 days longer than I!!!

Kait said...

I'm making you cheese pasta with cheese sauce and a side of cheese. Darn it.

livinginagirlsworld said...

I shaved for the first time today after about 3 months. Once it cooled down enough to not wear shorts, I stopped. I hate shaving the legs (but I am totally with you on the underarms), and unless I'm baring naked legs, they don't get done. Mine isn't stubbornness but laziness.

Furrow said...

I think once you get past the first week of stubble, you won't mind it. A friend of mine didn't shave for 7 years, and her leg hair was as soft as a kitten.

And as for your last post, I'm so proud of you. I couldn't comment there (don't know if it was intentional or not).