11.24.2009

Break time!

So as of 27 minutes ago, I am OFFICIALLY ON THANKSGIVING BREAK!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

What that means is now I'm frantically doing last-minute laundry and packing before I leave for the airport at 5:55 a.m. to fly to Michigan to see my family (thank you to my rich surgeon aunt for flying us up there!!!) and do a lot of homework because hi, being a college student is busy, and play games and eat food and ZOMG MEET Kaitlyn (!!!!!!!!!) and then fly back on Saturday when I'll immediately launch into all the rest of the homework I have due Monday.

PHEW.

The rest of this entry is bullet pointed, because I've lost the brain ability to make even slightly logical transitions:

• I'm applying to be a student supervisor in Admissions at DreamSchool. They're only taking 1 new supervisor for next semester, and I'm pretty low on the totem pole in Admissions, but still -- I've got my fingers crossed!

• I love this school. I really do.

• I've recently discovered a love of raw tomatoes. This pleases my mother infinitely.

• In my hardest class, a journalism law & ethics class, we had one HELL of a take-home midterm due two weeks ago. 50 intense, insane questions that literally had me in tears. But I finished it, submitted it on time, and for the past 2 weeks I've been waiting with baited breath for my grade.

Last week, he told us he'd have the grades to us within a week. Tonight, we went to class found out that his car had been broken into and our exams (and his computer) HAD BEEN STOLEN. Luckily, we submitted our exams online, but he still has to re-grade EVERYTHING.

• If you haven't heard the song "Happiness" by Riceboy Sleeps, you're missing out on life.

• My baby sister turned 18 this past weekend!!!!!!! I bought her a present. I hope she likes it, but I really won't be offended if she doesn't.

• Have I told you guys that for spring break this year, I'm taking a bus to NEW YORK CITY with one of my really good friends!??!?!?!? We're staying in a youth hostel for next to no money at all. Do you know what this means? I GET TO SPEND MY 21st BIRTHDAY IN NEW. YORK. CITY. Which we will celebrate by playing a nice game of Go Fish and falling asleep by 9 p.m., of course.

• Now I'm just trying to think of random things to tell you guys. And I'm trying to remember if I've posted any of this stuff before. I know I've tweeted it. Twitter and blogspot tend to merge in my brain a lot.

• I think this is it. Laundry is calling, and I gots packing to do, yo!

1 comment:

Monica H said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Nanny!