11.28.2009

Ahhhhhhh.

As you read this, I'm on my way back to DreamSchool. These past three days have been just so amazing...oh, you guys, I cannot tell you how lovely they've been.

I feel so calm and at peace. My heart is so full. I know it's cheesy, but these past three days have literally recharged my soul. I really, really don't want to leave tomorrow.

I only get to see my grandparents once a year in the summer, and as they've both just turned 88 and are not nearly as robust as they once were, every bit of extra time I get to spend with them is a true blessing. Plus to spend time with my aunts and uncles and cousins -- I'm so, so happy.

We're crazy, but this has been wonderful.

Now I'm sitting here and listening to Andrew Bird's hauntingly lovely "The Giant of Illinois (The Handsome Family)," having just said goodbye to my grandparents and an aunt and uncle, just trying to soak up every last bit of time I have left in this house.

I'm so happy. And so sad to leave tomorrow. I already can't wait for next summer to see them all again (though it's been just amazing spending a holiday with them! Usually it's just my immediate family in Texas).

Also, I got to meet the fabulous Kaitlyn!!! We've been blog/twitter/facebook/text/phone call friends for almost a year now, and I got to meet her in person today. She was just as adorable and sweet as she seems online.


(I had to censor because I'm anonymous online and she's not. I know, I'm a dork.)

But oh, you guys: I am so thankful. So very thankful. Thankful for family, friends (both blog friends and friends in real life -- cause believe it or not, I have both!), my health, my school, Sasha le iPhone...I am so very, very blessed.

It's been an amazing Thanksgiving week.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Glad you had such a lovely time.

Kait said...

Things I am thankful for:

Nan's happiness
Nan's ownage of pie
Nan's ability to play H & F
Meeting Nanny
Starbucks decaf nonfat vanilla lattes

Things I am not thankful for:

That God-awful photo of me
And therefore, Sasha.

Nic said...

Sounds like exactly what Thanksgiving is supposed to be. Yay! And now not too long until the Christmas holidays too!