9.14.2009

Year two begins

I am here, I am settled, and I'm so happy. I love this place and I love this school!

I had my first class today--it's a class toward my major, and the professor is really cool. He's written 5 books and contributes to NPR, which makes him a pretty cool cat in my book. I've spent a lot of time catching up with my friends and just enjoying being back up in this gorgeous, exciting city again.

This year I'm living in a suite on campus. I'm in it with my 5 closest girlfriends (including my two roommates from last year), and we each have our own little room and share a kitchenette, a bathroom, and a living room. It's really, REALLY nice!

I attempted to take a few pictures of my little room because I heart it :) Please excuse the poor picture quality--some pictures are good, some pictures are bad. My camera is seriously on its last legs. Like seriously.

Here's my door:


Here's looking in my room from the hallway. And no, I didn't really clean up before I took these pictures. But I did make my bed this morning! (HAHAHA--we'll see how long that lasts!)

My armoire, bookshelf (that I just bought today--lugging that bad boy back on the subway was fun, let me tell you), and my happy wall of pictures. If you look up at the top right, that's the picture that Sam drew for me before I left. Below it to the left is the one Ben did :)

Here's my view. I overlook other students' rooms (and, um, I've already seen some things I'd rather not have. People need to remember to close their blinds, is all I'm sayin'), but if you look down on the ground there's a great pizza place.

My boring back wall--I need to get some more pictures and stuff to put up there because it's very plain and hi, I like color.

My desk. It's really plain too. A box I shipped up with a bunch of fun little knick-knacks got lost (!!!) and so my desk is all sad and lonely. The picture propped up on the back was painted by an elephant in Thailand. True story.

There you have it, my little room. I really like it. The only problem is with my bed up against the window, I wake up freezing in the morning--it's. already. cold. here.

I KNOW.

But *happy sigh* I'm back!

9 comments:

Kait said...

Ha! I looks lovely :)

Jes said...

Glad your all moved it! Everything looks GREAT!

Monica H said...

I love your room! Glad to see you're already unpacked and settled in. I'm jealous of your cold weather :-)

Do you have room on the wall where your desk is to switch them? Just a thought.

Stephany said...

I am so jealous! My dorm room was crap compared to yours. Your view is amazing! Can I move in with you? I'll do your laundry...

The Nanny said...

Monica--No, then the armoire doesn't fit. The room's pretty tiny so this is how we made it work :)

Stephany--UM YES. Come on over!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it

MISS MISS MISS you

this is your sister btw
i'm too lazy to log in :)

Sugar Photography said...

You sound so happy, and that makes me so very happy too. I zoomed in on the photo you tweeted earlier and saw S and B's drawings on the wall. It amde me smile :)

We need your address! Still waiting for our little going away gift to arrive, but it should be soon!

Enjoy every second. You've earned it!

ps) Brittani is fun and all, but she's no Nanny!

Jenny said...

Wow, you got settled in quickly. I'm impressed. I'm so happy for you, sweetie. Glad you are back and loving it. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

OHHH
and the fact that Chuck and Doris are on your wall just made me extremely happy :) :) :) :)

-tu hermana