9.17.2009

I'm madly in love

I'm so happy, oh you guys: if only you guys could be as happy as I am at this moment.

(Here's how: take a piece of chocolate fudge cake from a world-famous bakery, and eat it with potato chips as a spoon. That'll help right there.)

But really, I couldn't be happier to be here. My friends are amazing (and my suite is awesome!!!), I love my classes, I'm head over heels for one of my professors*, work is so fun: honestly, this is the best decision I could have made, to come back here. I'm so, so grateful that my parents and sister are sacrificing (financially) so much so that I can be.

*he's a tiny old Greek guy. Seriously, he makes my day. I want him as a grandfather. Or best friend. I also would like to dress him up with a hat and scarf and take him for a walk.

I'm trying not to let any second go by wasted. Each night as we walk, the beauty of this city just astounds me. Seriously. Every. single. night. I am taken aback by the lights, the excitement, the everything. I really wish I could bottle this up and give some to each and every single one of you.

(Hmmm: if I figure out how to do that, I could sell it and make millions. Mom and dad, I've found my new career path.)

I'm busy, but not too busy. Everything is just so good. (I'm hesitant to post this, though, because I don't want to jinx myself.)

I really don't know how I got to be so lucky. Because I am. I am so lucky.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm glad you're having a great second year! The cake sounds yummy (but without the chip spoons, lol!)

Debbie said...

This makes me so happy! You go girl!!!!

Heather said...

So happy for you! I remember when I was in college having that same feeling. Now I have that same feeling about our new babies. So much love!!!!

livinginagirlsworld said...

So happy that you have settled in and are truly enjoying every aspect of Dream School. So awesome!

Stephany said...

That is so, so great! I had an awful time living on campus and hated every single second of it. So, I'm REALLY happy you're having such a fantastic time! :)