6.27.2009

Overnights!

So right now I'm smack-dab in the middle of doing an weekend-long nanny session for my regular nanny family, while the parents are away at quite possibly the MOST INSANE WEDDING EVER. Have I mentioned that I love these kids? Because I DO. Here's what we've been up to yesterday and today:

We started our own restaurant. Today, we *finally* decided on a name for it--Cafe Duck. I don't know why. Ask the 6-year-old.


I taught the kids how to use Photobooth on my Mac (probably one of my biggest regrets in life
:) )


We made a countdown to their trip to Mexico--every night before bed, they rip off the day's number. Only 3 days to go!


Lil sweet cheeks here is pulling up on EV.ER.Y.THING!


In one of the highlights of my nanny career, THE TOOTH FAIRY CAME LAST NIGHT! She was very generous and left four shiny quarter's under Sam's pillow :)


We went on an adventure trip to Central Market to buy popsicles, toothpaste for the kids, and orange juice. I know we could have gone somewhere closer for those things, but Central Market has samples!


Did I mention I taught them how to use Photobooth? Now they hijack my computer at every opportunity!




....but sometimes I get in on the action as well :)


There's been plenty of happy baby smiles...


...and RASPBERRY KISSES!


And tonight, when the kids were feeling a bit sad missing mom and dad, I threw bedtime rules out the window and let them get out of bed for popsicles :)

(In case you were wondering, the popsicles helped the kids to feel better. And they gave me a bit of sugar energy to CLEAN UP THE KITCHEN POST-POPSICLE MESS!)

It's been a CRAZY busy but so so so fun couple of days! Oh, and I am *so* loving having the pool in the backyard for some evening swimming before dinner. The sun's not so bad, and it's a great way to end the day!