5.01.2009

T-minus 6 days

D. made her decision! She chose school A, which is an AWESOME school and I couldn't be more proud of her! We'll be approximately 9-10 hours away by bus, so hopefully we can meet in the middle on long weekends.

In other news, SIX DAYS TIL TEXAS, Y'ALL. Though I'm wondering if by then Texas will have closed its borders cause of the whole swine flu debacle and I won't be able to get in. I already have several couches I can sleep on if that happens, so that's good :)

A wonderful amazing blog friend is SO NICELY letting me use her basement for storage over the summer!!! This is literally saving me hundreds of dollars -- I am so, so, so grateful. I just have to remember to bring her something back next September. Can anyone say "obnoxiously large and unhealthy Texas-shaped food items"? BECAUSE I CERTAINLY CAN.

Next week's schedule is kinda busy. Exhibit:

Sunday - homework & exam prep
Monday - PACK PACK PACK STUDY STUDY STUDY
Tuesday - 2 exams, back to back, and then a huge presentation that evening
Wednesday - 1 exam, PACK PACK PACK, MOVE OUT MOVE OUT MOVE OUT
Thursday - bright and early flight to TEXAS!

Once I hit Thursday I'm in the clear! Four months of WARM WEATHER!!! I absolutely positively can't wait. And I'm in the process of figuring out the job situation, and I'll be hanging with D., and I'll be *gasp* reading for PLEASURE, and oh, y'all: believe me when I say I am taking full advantage of this time in my life. Cause I know too soon I'll be married to George Clooney with 18 children.

(Did I say that out loud?)

So yes. Things are crazy, but I'm so psyched for the summer.

Unless I get the swine flu, of course.

Oh, P.S. Swine flu means good blogging material, though. So it's a toss-up?

P.P.S. Any book recommendations?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four months of WARM weather? In Texas? Define "warm." :)

Anonymous said...

Should you mention flu and tossing up in the same sentence???

Pops

The Nanny said...

Pops--LOL. Totally pun not intended. But it's an excellent one, if I do say so myself.

Erin O. said...

Oh, I have a great list of books for the summer. Stay tuned.

Monica H said...

Good luck this week on your exams and safe travels back home!