5.17.2009

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT

But. I went to Half Price Books the other day and stocked up on some fun summer reading!



These books are on the reading list for DONA International, which is pretty much the premiere doula certification organization. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling, people (no decision yet about school).

Though the entire time I was buying these books, I was sucking in my tummy pooch and fervently praying "PLEASEDON'TLETPEOPLEASKIFI'MPREGNANTPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE" because hi, that'd be AWKWARD.

Though I'm not entirely sure the checkout lady didn't (discretely) ask. As I was paying, she said, "Oh, is there a new little one going to join the family?" And I said "HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHNO. I'm just studying."

4 comments:

Stephany said...

I do that all the time when I'm in the baby aisle, shopping for my nephew. I was actually at Target the other day finding prices for wipes (because parents at my preschool complain and complain about the price so I wanted to see if they were right or just whiny babies. Verdict? Whiny babies.) and was sucking in my stomach and avoiding eye contact. haha.

I've been asked The Question a few times. As much as I hate it, it's funny to see how embarrassed THEY get!

Monica H said...

Love your response :-)

Have fun reading!

Bethany said...

I enjoy books like that immensely. I also have about 27 baby name books, so I am used to the weird looks! ;)

Erin O. said...

It's ok, I have a whole shelf of these books that I actually use for my classes at work and in the NICU!