3.02.2009

'Snow school

As pretty much everyone knows, a rather large chunk o' the country was hammered with snow yesterday and today. DreamSchool City was no exception, and last night before bed everyone was SO. JONESING. for a snow day today...lord have mercy, I cannot tell you how excited these people get over the idea of that.

Example: My roommates made me get up out of bed and turn my pajamas inside out because that, apparently, helps to bring on the snow.

So this morning, with no DreamSchool cancelation in site (though plenty of other schools were canceled), I dragged my sorry, tired derriere to the shower.

Two minutes in (there was just enough time for me to GET REALLY WET) my roommate ran to the bathroom and screamed, "NOSCHOOLNOSCHOOLNOSCHOOL!"

GREAT THAT'S WONDERFUL BUT WHY COULD WE NOT HAVE FOUND THIS OUT BEFORE I GOT INTO THE SHOWER? Le sigh. I lead such a troubled life.

But then came the quandary: do I get out of the shower right away and go straight back to bed, and have to shower later, OR should I get my shower in now and THEN go back to sleep?

Oh, the choices.

I chose the former and headed back for some extended Zzzz's. It was delicious and just what I needed. Please don't hate me too much. But it was wonderful.