3.30.2009

A really close shave

So I think I've finally come up with the perfect shaving situation.

I've mentioned in the past how awkward (and pretty much impossible) it is to shave in the showers here at Grande Ole DreamSchool, namely because they are TINY TINY TINY and there's no way to prop your leg up. Also, since they are so tiny, there's no place to go to escape the shower stream, which inevitably washes off the shaving gel as soon as you've put it on. Plus, y'know, shaving takes time.

So, finally, I invested in this little bugger:



See? Isn't it beautiful? No need for shaving gel, and it takes 30 seconds to run up and down my legs. Voila!

I started off shaving Monday/Wednesday/Fridays, but then I discovered just how quickly the little moisture strips run out. Like, really quickly. And those things are EXPENSIVE. So. I've narrowed it down to a science:

~On a regular week, I shave Mondays and Fridays, knees and below.
~Every two weeks, I'll shave above my knees.
~On weeks I wear skirts with no tights, I'll shave as need be.

I've probably invested way too much time and thought into this. But oh well.

At least my legs are smooth.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

Since you mentioned it the first time, I've wondered about this.

I've tried this razor and didn't like it. It runs out so fast, then scrapes your leg. And I'm too cheap to keep buying refills since the actual blades are still good.

But I'm glad you now have a plan :-)

The Nanny said...

Monica--I'm saving the used blades (though still good, as you said) to take home and use with shaving gel over the summer :-) Woohoo, recycling!

Kaitlyn said...

I use the Daisy razors, with no shave gel/conditioner. No razor burn (for me!) and cheap :)

The Nanny said...

Eeeeek! You shave dry?!?!?!?

Stephany said...

When I was living at a dorm, we had a beautiful handicap shower because I lived in the handicap wing (even though nobody in our dorm was handicap). The shower was beeeeeeg and had a little stool to prop your leg on. And we girls were very, very competitive about getting that shower. Haha.

I use the Venus razor that has the shave cream on it. I did use Intuition until the shaving cream FELL OFF while shaving my, like, 3rd or 4th time. Stupid. But I lovvvve the Venus razor. They last me forever (or maybe I just don't shave a lot?) ;)

Bethany said...

That looks like a nice razor! I always hated shaving in the college bathroom shower stalls...too tiny!!!