3.06.2009

It's a bona fide MIRACLE

Today? I traveled. AND GUESS WHAT.

It was easy.

I KNOW. Easy travel? Me? OH YOU ARE SO FUNNY, my friend. But it WAS! I'd give you the rundown but I'm exhausted, so I'll give you an update in the form of tweets/texts/timelines that I sent throughout the day. Cop-out, I know, but I'M TIRED.

4:40 a.m.: Roommate wakes me up in a panic. "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE???" she shouts. (Answer: because you misread the clock and I don't have to leave for another hour. But thanks for the heart attack anyway!)

5:40 a.m.: Leave. Since the subway isn't open, I take a cab. OH GLORIOUS INVENTIONS: I didn't have to drag my 80 lbs of luggage up and down the subway! Sure, it cost roughly 9 times as much money as the subway would have, but have I mentioned how easy it was?!?

6:07 a.m.: My suitcase that I was checking ended up being 52 lbs but the VERY nice attendant pretended to look away and ignore that. Bless her, I might have cried if I had to repack.

6:10 a.m.: Oh GOOD: two girls in front of me discussing Lost and its plane crash. SO not helping the anxiety.

6:31 a.m.: I have a parfait in one hand and a scone in the other. Nothing like food to placate anxiety.

6:57 a.m.: They are playing The Shins' "New Slang" on the plane. I feel infinitely better.

7:05 a.m.: Takeoff.

9:48 a.m.: After a VERY shaky takeoff and an okay flight, I've landed at airport #2. Thank god.

10:33 a.m.: Dear airports #1 and 2: two strikes and you're very nearly out in the food department. NOT LOVE, Nanny. (Explanation: My scone from airport #1 tasted like gasoline and I am so not even kidding. And my sandwich from airport #2 had cheese in it and ZOMG I DO. NOT. EAT. CHEESE.)

10:45 a.m.: Oh god. There is an entire gaggle of teenage girls who have just spotted a baby. The squeals are deafening.

10:55 a.m.: Takeoff again.

12:30 p.m.: LAND IN TEXAS, BABY!

See??? Relatively uneventful! It was amazing! And will probably never happen again! But now I'm home, LOVING the heat, I've shaved my legs and painted my toes and ingested an inordinate amount of guacamole. Oh, and pupster Max is cuddled up at my feet. And I get to see D. in a few hours!!! I IS HAPPY.

RA update: I got put on the alternative/wait list, which I'm okay with! Apparently they went through the entire wait list last year, so there's definitely hope!

2 comments:

Monica H said...

How'd you manage to get your parfait on the plane this time?

Glad you're home! How long are you off for?

The Nanny said...

I bought the parfait after I had gone through security :)

And I'm here for a little over a week!