3.14.2009

Interruption

D. didn't get into her dream school. Crushed is too light a word...she is beyond devastated. We're halfway across the country from each other and I ache for her. I wish more than anything I could give her a hug right now.

This rejection brings up a lot of questions we didn't want to consider. We're both just flattened. We had so much hope that she'd be up north in my city. Now it's looking like the closest she might be is 9 hours away by bus.

I got into my dream school, why couldn't she have? I just want my best friend to be happy. For us to be in the same city would have been a dream.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

I wish you two would/could be closer, but that doesn't mean that you can't be happy apart. Maybe you two could meet up hapfway (4.5 hours by bus) and spend some time together.

So sorry thing didn't work out differently.

lifeofadancer312 said...

Wow I'm really truly sorry.

But I know you two and I know you are so close that you'll work it out. No matter what the distance is.

Anonymous said...

D's dream school admission twits are a bunch of gnorsh gunkies.

She is too good for that place, anyhow.

All the same, I'm bummed for you both.

Sounds like an opportunity to make lemonade, though.

love, popsicle

Anonymous said...

D's dream school admission twits are a bunch of gnorsh gunkies.

She is too good for that place, anyhow.

All the same, I'm bummed for you both.

Sounds like an opportunity to make lemonade, though.

love, popsicle

Anonymous said...

i guess the nanny will have roadtrips to blog about.

Kaitlyn said...

I was so sad to read that message Nanny.I'm crushed for you, and I can only imagine what you two are going through. Huge hugs.