1.19.2009

What I have learned:

There is no such day as a calm, normal travel day. At least for me. But I think that's probably true with everybody...isn't it? Am I the only one who has such insane travel days?

SO YESTERDAY I drove/flew/flew/drove/rode/rode back to DreamSchool. Ready for the rundown? Cause here it is:

~ 45 minute drive to airport #1
~ Wait. Why can't they find my reservation? What's going on? HELP.
~ We're at the wrong airline. That's why they can't find my reservation. Oops, and FRICK.
~ 2.5 hour flight to airport #2. It's a really cool landing because looking out my window, all I see is black and white--all the buildings, trees, roads, etc. are dark and there's a great blanket of snow covering everywhere. It's beautiful.
~ WAIT WAIT WAIT MY FLIGHT TO DREAMSCHOOL CITY IS CANCELED? NONONONONONONONONONONO
~ Talk with the guy at the service counter. Why can't they find my reservations *again*? I'm at the right airport! Good grief!
~ Oh. I'm not flying into DreamSchool City. I'm flying into the adjoining state and taking a van to DreamSchool City (DSC). DUH. I *knew* that. I just went temporarily crazy.
~ (temporarily?)
~ 1.5 hour flight to airport #3. Male flight attendant was HILARIOUS, really. He had the whole airplane laughing almost the entire time. I only wish I could remember the stuff he said--it was the best part of my day!
~ Land slightly late. Supposed to be getting in a van that'll drive me to airport #4 (in DSC) in 15 minutes. Still haven't gotten bags. Slightly stressed because the next van doesn't leave for quite a while and it's still a 1.5 hr drive after that, plus subway ride.
~ Van will leave in 10 mins. Where are my bags?
~ Van will leave in 5 mins. WHERE ARE MY BAGS?
~ Van leaves in 2 mins. WHERE THE FRICK. ARE. MY. BAGS? (Nanny is NOT HAPPY)
~ BAGS HERE THANK YOU SWEET JESUS *RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING OUT THE AIRPORT DOOR, SLIPPING AND SLIDING IN THE SNOW AND COMPLETELY SOAKING MY SHOES AND JEANS THROUGH BUT I MADE IT OH THANK YOU GOD*
~ 1.5 hr drive to airport #4 in DSC.
~ 15 min bus ride to subway station
~ 30 min subway ride
~ ARRIVE AT DREAMSCHOOL
~ Collapse.

I am here, and in one piece, and completely unpacked. I've got my textbooks ($265 worth, and they were mostly used, lord have mercy), gone grocery shopping...and now I'm about to head out to CVS. I'm going to try to take some pictures of the snow--it's so pretty!

2 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

i'm glad you're back safely!
i hope the show is still there when i come visit you

Monica H said...

Glad you got home in one piece! I wanna see snow pictures :-)

~M