1.01.2009

Uno? Una? mas

Sorry to do this again, but there's a pretty darn ridiculously cute new post on my sister's photoblog.

Huh. This is my first post of 2009. I feel like I should be more...um...pensive? Projective? Philosophic? Alas, now is not the time. Another day, perhaps. In the meantime, I hope you all had a great night last night and a wonderful start for the new year. I myself rang in the new year by losing spectacularly to my father at cards. Twice. I hope that's not a premonition of things to come!

The thing that really weirded me out, though? While watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve With Ryan Seacrest or whatever the heck it's called and hearing Kellie Pickler say, "We'll be back here for 2010!"

That blew my tiny little mind. 2010 sounds so far away. And yet? A year from now, we'll be *in* it.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Yeah. 2010. Unbelievable. I remember when 1999 (as in the prince song) seemed so far away. Now it's ten years later. Ugh.

btw, the link to your sister's blog isn't right... I used the one in the post below instead.

The Nanny said...

Nic, thanks! I fixed it.

lifeofadancer312 said...

2010... the year in which i will be a) applying to colleges b) probably deciding where i'm going to college c) becoming a senior d) becoming a legal adult

:)