12.31.2008

New Year's Eve

I did this last year so I figured I'd do it again this year. It's a long'un...props to you if you get to the end :-)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Moved 2,000 miles away!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year I said I wasn't going to make any resolutions, so...I kept it :-) And I don't think I'll make any for 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No?

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes

5. What countries did you visit?

None!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

More time for charity and such. I've worked feeding the homeless several times while I've been home on break, but I'd like to do more up north.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

There are several...Feb. 17 is one. Moving up to DreamSchool City was big, so Aug. 31. And Dec. 14 :-)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Making all A's my first semester and getting on the Dean's List!!!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not giving back as much as I could.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes, but just this. Thank goodness it's over with!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

LOL the first semester of college? :-)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Everyone's?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

No one that I can think of.

14. Where did most of your money go?

HELLO COLLEGE TUITION!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

College (even though I was so nervous!) and spending time with D. and friends.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

None stick out. To the shock and chagrin of my friends, I'm not a huge music person. I like it, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it. I don't have an iTunes account or anything. We play a lot of Beatles songs at school, though!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?

Happier. Much, much happier.

b) thinner or fatter?

Thinner--not too much, but it still counts!

c) richer or poorer?

Wayyyyyyyyy poorer. It's slightly depressing getting my bank statements every month and seeing my bank account quickly draining!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More reading!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Wasted time doing nothing on the computer or watching mindless TV.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At my parents' house with them & my little sis.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

With so many people and things!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Office or House. Or Scrubs (sorry, D.!). (Ha--this didn't change at all!)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nah.

24. What was the best book you read?

I'm really loving the Anne of Green Gables series.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Little-known Beatles songs?

26. What did you want and get?

Another year of happiness and health.

27. What did you want and not get?

Enough free time to spend with friends.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

No clue. I don't see many movies!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

A woman never reveals her true age! And I don't remember...is that sad?

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More money in my college fund would take a big weight off my shoulders.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Uhhh...I try to look cute? I've got a pair of good jeans and I wear them with almost everything--changing out cute shoes and tops and accessories.

32. What kept you sane?

It's actually "who." My BFF D. Without question.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

No idea.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

A certain Republican woman whose name rhymes with "Farah Salin."

35. Who did you miss?

D. while I was gone. And pupster Max. And my familia.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I really like a lot of people at school here!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Hmmm. Really just how to prioritize and be independent at college.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"It's true, look how they shine for you." (Coldplay, "Yellow")

If you guys do this make sure to leave a comment and let me know so I can look at yours! I'm spending New Year's Eve babysitting (go figure!), but I do wish you all a happy and healthy new year, and nothing but good things to come!

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I wish you the same! Happy New Year!