12.06.2008

Finality

Today was Kathleen's service, and it was beautiful. I can't tell you how many people were there. They were packed all in (lots standing) and the service ran almost two and a half hours...it was just incredible. I cried a bit at first but then managed to keep it together for the rest of the service. I'm so grateful that I was not only able to say goodbye to her, but that I was able to come home for her funeral. I'm just so grateful.

I am flying back tomorrow. Early flights, once again, but that's okay. I can sleep on the plane (I hope). And then get back into work. So many projects to do, so little time!

Okay, so I've debated posting this next bit, but I'm going to anyway. I have a rather selfish request of y'all. And I feel especially bad doing this in the wake of what's been going on with Kathleen. But anyway.

So here's the deal. Y'all know my best friend D.? Whom I love and adore? She's applying to a really, really prestigious and really, really, really hard to get into school that's literally 20 minutes from DreamSchool. It's her first choice school and it'd be so amazing if we were both up north together. I miss my best friend desperately while I'm gone and the idea of being together for college? Makes me squee.

So. If y'all could send some good vibes up to ReallyHardToGetIntoSchool for D., I'd really appreciate it. She's absolutely qualified to get in, but it's one of those schools where there are SO many absolutely qualified people that it ends up being random who gets in and who doesn't. Fingers crossed, she'll find out in the next 2 weeks.

Also, shoutout to my sis who danced beautifully in the Nutcracker tonight. Now I gots to get to bed since I'm getting up at 3:45 (GAH).

5 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

1) I really really really really really really wanted to go to the funeral.

2) bad vibes! bad vibes! bad vibes! bad vibes!

3) no, i wasn't sending D "actual" bad vibes, somehow the nanny and i have it opposite.

4) thanks! i'm so glad you got to see me in the nutcracker this year :)

The Nanny said...

True dat, sis. Bad vibes right back atcha.

Monica H said...

I'm so glad you could go home for the funeral.

I'm sending good juju for D!

Lil Sis- Congrats on your performance. I love the Nutcracker.

Minivan Mom said...

Absolutely sending good vibes for D - did she apply early decision, early action or regular?

And you have to e-mail me and let me know what school it is. :)

The Nanny said...

MVM--early decision, I'm pretty sure. Either that or early action. Hah. I guess I should find out!