11.01.2008

UberDork

For those of you who don't know, my college boasts a whopping 5% athletes. Yeah. And an unofficial 4% of those are Quidditch players.

You know...Quidditch, like from Harry Potter.

Oh yes, my school is one of the approximately 160 colleges across the country who play Quidditch on a regular basis. Can I just tell you how happy this makes me? It's like we're wearing a stamp on our collective head that says, "UBERDORK." And we are. And we're proud.

Here are some pictures of the Quidditch match that was held today. It was a gorgeous day (a bit on the chilly side), but the Quidditch was GOOD!


Setting up...


On your mark...get set...


GO!


Uh oh...someone's down. But all's fair in love and Quidditch!

(P.S. It totally makes my day to have to explain Quidditch to innocent bystanders. "The chasers have to score with the Quaffle, yeah, those white balls, while the beaters are trying to hit them with the Bludgers, yes, they're called Bludgers OH LOOK THERE'S THE SNITCH! And the seekers are chasing after it! Yes, those ARE broomsticks between their legs. Have you not read Harry Potter, people?!?")

7 comments:

Monica H said...

Call me an Uberdork, but I haven't read Harrpy Potter (and I have NO desire to). Sorry to offend.

But the trees in the background are beautiful!

lifeofadancer312 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Nanny said...

Sorry sis, had to delete--you said my city's name in your comment!

But yes, Monica, you MUST read them!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Nanny said...

EMK--would you e-mail me please? theonlinenanny@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

From the pictures, it looks like they actually have their broomsticks now, right? Going to the Quidditch match was one of my FAVORITE parts of visiting on parent weekend (but, of course, second to seeing YOU). I can't wait to visit and see another game. Oh no...I guess that makes me an UBERDORK groupie? (And, I confess, I do love the books.)

Marmsie

lifeofadancer312 said...

DANG IT.

i ALWAYS do that!