11.04.2008

The Situation Room (i.e., further proof that we are Uberdorks)

Y'all, we are so ready for election night. I'm not even kidding. We've taken over the 5th floor common room and created our very own Situation Room. All we need now is for the results to start pouring in. We're so ready.


Welcome!


Our not-drawn-to-scale-but-sort-of-accurate map of the United States, including the number of electoral votes from each state


We didn't forget Alaska and Hawaii!


A close-up of the Obama and McCain boards. Notice we're using red and blue markers. We're not messing around here.


TV's been on CNN all day (sorry, McCain happened to be on screen when I took the picture)


Aaaaand we've got the official countdown to the 7 o'clock poll closings on someone's computer.

(We're also geared up to play this or this as each state's results come in. I wasn't kidding when I said we were ready.)

Everyone's so excited here. This really is an incredibly amazing day--I'm so happy to be a part of this election! Now we just can't wait to get the ball rolling--COME ON, LET IT BE 7 O'CLOCK ALREADY!!!

Next time you hear from me, it'll either be a loud, blue, "BOOYA" or a sad, red "Lord, help us." Cross your fingers for the former--this is it!

2 comments:

Minivan Mom said...

Love this - I miss those idealistic, exciting days of college. I'm nervously making dinner, telling the kids repeatedly "no you canNOT watch your shows tonight, we're leaving the news on", and pacing by myself.

Monica H said...

I'm so freakin' nervous as I flip through news channels. Mr. h asked if I wanted to watch something on our DVR'd list and I looked at him like he was nuts.

I'm looking forward to your next post titled "Booya!" That's why I love ya!