11.29.2008

Oneee is the loneliest number...

So I'm back at school, and due to a scheduling error on our part, I'm here a day before everybody else. I'm maybe one of two or three people back on the entire floor so it's eerily quiet. So not like how it usually is!

Today was a lo-o-o-o-ong day of traveling. I woke up at 3:25 a.m., left the house at 4:15 a.m., got to the airport by 5 a.m., and got on a 6:15 a.m. flight. WHEW. I finally got into my dorm room around 3:30 p.m. I'm pretty gosh-darn exhausted, but as I tweeted earlier, I'm thoroughly grateful for the complete strangers who helped me lug my 80 lbs of suitcases up and down stairs in the subway. I didn't even have to ask anyone, they just offered. It was amazing. Yeah DreamSchool city!

Tonight I've been thoroughly productive and I've completely unpacked, shaved and lotioned my legs, painted my toenails and cut my fingernails. The roomies get back tomorrow so I want to vacuum and stuff before they get back. Have I mentioned I love cleaning? Cause, really, I do.

I wanted to write tonight about Kathleen. And feeding the homeless people. And emotions and stuff. But. For some reason, that's just not coming tonight. I will say, though: Kathleen? Inspiring. Feeding the homeless? Humbling. Emotions and stuff? Overpowering.

And that's all for me, folks. I'm watching Flip That House and two guys are epic failing at flipping. Where's What Not To Wear when I need it?

OH--and since this post was rather dry, here's a ridiculously adorable pic of pupster Max all decked out in his Thanksgiving finest.

4 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

max is sooooooooo cute!

ps. it's pretty quiet back home too....

Monica H said...

Glad you got home safely. Have you checked your mailbox lately?

The Nanny said...

Monica--I haven't been able to since they're still closed for Thanskgiving. I'll be able to tomorrow, though!

Anonymous said...

You LOVE cleaning? Huh.

Miss you,
marmsie